If you have HIV, your sexual or needle-sharing partners need to know that they have been exposed to and may be infected with HIV. Your partners can get help to be tested and referred to medical care, if necessary. To help you, there are dedicated workers who oversee a partner services program.

The staff of this program are specially trained to help you notify your partners. They can help you by confidentially notifying your partners for you, or by going with you to notify your partners, or by teaching you how to notify your partners yourself.

The program is strictly confidential; if they notify your partners for you, your partners will never be given your name. The partner services program can provide you with the assistance needed to notify past and present partners which can help you deal with your HIV.

Call (860) 509-7920 and ask to speak to a Disease Intervention Specialist or DIS.